All you need to know about solar street lightsJeff Florance
All you need to know about solar street lights
A new generation of solar street lights is helping individuals, businesses and local governments make smarter choices about their energy use. Whether it’s motion sensors, LED technology or long-lasting battery life, the ‘next big thing’ is already here. This week, we’re offering you the highlights of solar street lighting. So, sit back, relax and read on!
There are around 2.3 million street lights in Australia, consuming around 0.5% of all electricity generated. Nowadays, due to increasing interest for energy-efficiency and low environmental impact, many businesses and local governments have embraced solar lighting in Australia. In some cases, solar LED technology seems to be the new street lighting norm in many parts of the world.
Basically, this is an enormous opportunity especially for private businesses and local governments to make significant savings. This means lowering carbon footprint, reducing costs, and providing better public lighting services to the community.
Are you looking for strong and affordable commercial solar street lights? Talk to our lighting experts at BlackSolar today!
Questions to ask yourself when choosing solar street lights
In general, before deciding on the solar street lights’ brand and model, it is best to make an analysis first. For instance, check things like components (LED light, solar panel and battery capacity), technical product specifications, solar controller and system design for your preferred type of solar light. It also helps a lot to have clear answers to the following questions:
- What is the application of your solar street light? Is it going to be installed on a sidewalk, in a public park, in a parking lot or another place? These are actually the first factors to consider when developing your solar street lighting project.
- Is it going to be a retrofit solution (on or off-the-grid) or a completely new pole installation? It’s always ideal, of course, to communicate these things to your solar lighting specialist.
- What are your energy needs and requirements? For example, how many hours of operation per day you want from your solar street lighting system? Remember it is highly important to make a list with your expectations where you can also include energy conservation objectives.
Our offer. Your choice
While there are multiple options on the market to consider today, not all solar street lights are created equal, though. The good news is that you don’t have to settle for less nor to break the bank for a good solar system. In fact, your solar provider can optimize the components (solar panel angle, LED light wattage, battery amperage) according to your energy needs and the pole height. Since less is actually more in the solar world, this optimization will save you from overpaying for the solar battery/panel.
Here are some of the best, value-for-money solar street lighting systems we usually recommend to our customers:
- Nighthawk30 solar footpath light
- Sunset 30 – ‘all-in-one’ integrated solar LED light
- Trafalgar 20
- Titan 5000 integrated solar street light
At Black Frog Solar, we don’t just sell solar lights. We train you on software usage if you have to deal with remote management control and monitoring system. Plus, we take care of any necessary maintenance and use long-term approach and solutions.
Finally, once the installation is done, we provide continuous on-site and off-site support beyond the solar project implementation.
In conclusion, no matter your choice, a solar flood light can always be an energy-efficient, money-saving and environmentally friendly addition to your lighting system.
Until next time, remember we light up where others can’t!
Your friend and solar lighting expert,
The BlackFrog Solar Team