The Simpson solar powered Post Cap lamp is a blend of traditional styling with modern integrated solar technology. The innovative design and exceptional features of the Simpson makes it suitable for a wide variety of commercial and residential applications. Made from cast aluminium with glass lenses, this light is designed to withstand the elements, operate reliably and provide an aesthetic and practical lighting solution for years to come.
This light is designed to switch on automatically at dusk and off at dawn.
Features of Simpson Outdoor Solar Lights:
- Traditional styling
- 2 brightness levels
- Light operates for 14 hours on a fully charged battery
- Powder coated cast aluminium post
- Water style glass lens covers and silver-plated reflector
- 19 x 0.2W bright warm white LEDs
- Total of 2.4W solar panels located on lamp head
- Size: 47cm high from base to top of lamp head
- Quality Lithium battery 2pc L3 3.2V LifeP04
- Easy DIY installation by home handy person. All fixings included.
- Stainless steel screws in base plate for fixing into wood, concrete or steel
How to install
Locate your Post Cap lamp away from any light obstructions such as buildings, trees, fences or shadows. Please made sure you hand tighten the screws, as using a power drill with screwdriver bit could break the Aluminium if over tightened.
Mounting onto concrete or brick:
- Using the base mount as a template, centre and mark the holes on your surface, drill 8mm holes up to 35mm deep
- Insert plastic masonry plugs into holes, place base mount over plugs and then screw down to tighten.
- Ensure light head and mounting base are screwed together prior to fixing to your location.
Mounting to timber or another soft surface:
- Use the base mount as a template to mark your screw holes and pre-drill 4mm holes
- Screw the base mount and light head together
- Line up the holes with the base mount and firmly secure down.
How it works
During the day the Simpson Solar Post Cap Lamp’s solar panel charges its internal battery pack giving it the power it needs to light after dark.
After dark the Simpson will come on automatically each night.
The light intensity can be adjusted on the Simpson Wall Lamp by sliding a switch on the rim of the light head.
- Pathways, driveways and driveway entries
- Common areas of residential developments such as town houses
- Garden settings